WELCOME!

Welcome to the CAN Fund Athlete Blog!
This is where Canadian Athletes will be posting as they train and prepare to represent Canada on the World Stage! Keep up to date on when and where our athletes are training and competing!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I have to say that I have been quite lucky with my winter sailing conditions here at home, as Vancouver's been somewhat mild apart from the odd really cold day (-1), making my training on the water quite manageable. It couldn't have been done without my coaches who have become experts in a variety of hand-warming techniques! (Sailing with gloves just doesn't work). My workout schedule is intense, I have been putting some good time in at the gym as well as hitting the mountains for some cross-country skiing. It's been busy and painful for my body at times but fun too! I'm loving been home too - it brings some balance into my life again, something that's not easy when I'm on the road 7-8 months of the year.

To each one of you that supports me, I thank you, the inspiration goes both ways.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2011.

Nikola

Attached are some pictures of my training - both on the mountain (full moon skiing) and on the water (with rainbows). I am so fortunate to call this home and to be able to enjoy Vancouver's beauty most days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment