WELCOME!

Welcome to the CAN Fund Athlete Blog!
This is where Canadian Athletes will be posting as they train and prepare to represent Canada on the World Stage! Keep up to date on when and where our athletes are training and competing!

Monday, December 6, 2010

CONNOR TARAS - Sprint Canoe/Kayak

It’s the beginning of December…already. I just got back from a 4-week training camp in Florida. It was very productive and I think I can speak for most of the team in saying it was pretty successful! It looked to me that everyone had a little fire under their behinds, which is very encouraging! 

Anyways, I am home and although the lakes aren’t frozen yet and there is no snow yet, it is too cold to be out on the water paddling here in Dartmouth, N.S. Not a bad thing because its been a long year of paddling and it’s a nice break to do some other types of training. We mostly will be in the pool swimming three times a week, doing weight training and running or skiing when it starts snowing!

I was at the Canoe Kayak Atlantic Division awards this week. I got to serve ice cream to some of the up and coming athletes of our sport! Awards and aggregate trophies were awarded to all age divisions. Congrats to my future competition!
  
Not much else going on right now. Most people are busy with finishing up papers and studying for exams this time of year.  Then there is Tom Hall, Olympic medalist. He is getting ready to climb mount Aconcagua in Argentina. Good luck Tom! He leaves in a few days will be back at the end of December around Christmas Day!

Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment